Remembering the Magic of Homecoming Week

MacArthur High student Brenda Villegas

Homecoming week is always a hectic, but extraordinary time in every high school. The Cardinals never fail to deliver memorable celebrations. We had a parade, the Burning of the M, the homecoming game, crowning of the queen and king and a dance. Here’s a quick recap of the week’s festivities.

The celebration began with our homecoming parade. Most school organizations (the band, Cardettes, football team, etc.) took part. The parade went around the block handing out candy to little kids in area schools and to neighborhood spectators.

The Burning of the M celebration lit up the sky later that evening. This is a long time MacArthur tradition during homecoming week and the Fire Truck Crew led the party near the JV field.  The band drumline played music while students, staff and parent came together to watch it burn.

The homecoming football game took place the following night. During half time, Troi Hall was crowned homecoming queen.The underclass princes and princesses were also announced. Our team played a great game against Duncanville High. 

On the final night, the school came together to celebrate our homecoming dance themed  Remember the Magic. Complete with a dramatic red carpet entrance and DJ, students danced the night away.